Monday, March 27, 2017

Back in the Groove

It's been a little over a year since I last put up a blog.  In my defense, I can only offer that I've been distracted... or maybe a bit lazy... or both.  It matters little because I'm not so certain my keen insights and reflections were missed by any one particular person. No one sent me a note "Hey, what's with your blog?  I miss what you have to say!"  No one stopped me in the church "Listen, I've been waiting for you to put something up on that stupid blog of yours.  You keep advertising it and I keep waiting - what are you doing anyway?"  And I never received any notice from Blogger "Due to inactivity on your blog we are prepared to suspend your free account.  You may renew your membership at anytime, or even better, why not blog something today!?"  

But so much has happened in the past year... I certainly have an airtight alibi that excuses me from missing the past twelve months of incredible writing that inspire people to new heights.  

Or maybe not.

I do know one thing.  Blogging consistently is not an easy thing to do.  In order for me to be successful at this, I need a vision.  I need a goal.  I need to get back in the groove.  I need something before me like a carrot before a horse so I can be compelled forward and journey into the land of words and ideas.  What might that be?

Well, I have an idea about that.  I am preparing to travel to Israel next year - March to be exact. The thought of walking in the footsteps of Jesus is an exciting one.  I did travel to Israel 20 years ago (seems like yesterday).  I have often wish that I would have prepared a little more for that trip.  I know that life in the ministry gets crazy busy sometimes, but what would it look like to do almost one year's worth of light study around each of the places we are planning to go?  That's my idea.  I'll put together a schedule of each location, ascribe some dates to them and off we go!  

Maybe someone will text me and say "Man, I've missed what you have to say.  Bring it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment