Saturday, December 23, 2017

29 Days - Advent Reflections: Day 10

I think when I started this more recent edition of an "epic journey" in blogging that I didn't really take into account a couple of important events: the advent season, which for me is very full and the completion of my clinical pastoral education unit (finished on December 21).  It's been a crazy busy schedule that isn't completely over because tomorrow I have two regular worship services coupled with the special Christmas Eve Candlelight services at both churches.  Tomorrow also includes my 29-day commitment to this series of blogging, which I have really appreciated doing when I have been able to make it work.  I guess I will just have to begin a new round of blogs beginning in January and the new year.  I'm fairly confident that I can cover some interesting topics in the weeks to come.

But, tonight is all about expectation (and not because I am expecting to watch the Packer Viking game being broadcast from the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin).  This is a storied rivalry that goes back to the early sixties when the Vikings began their history by actually taking over Minnesota, which was largely Packer territory before the NFL came to Bloomington, Minnesota.  Admittedly, I am awaiting the start of this game with great anticipation, but that really isn't what I wanted to share.  

It is anticipation for a celebration that we are well versed in, but is new and exciting each time the dawn of Christmas morning arrives.  It is anticipation that is a reminder to us of how much God loves and cares for us as his children, electing to send us his Son Jesus to show us how we are to live and love and care for one another.  It is anticipation that we would be able to demonstrate this amazing love by who we believe we are versus who we actually are.  

We live in that anticipation every single day - not just on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.  We live in that anticipation when we reach out to help others.  We live in that anticipation when we take some time to share with a friend who is hurting.  We live in that anticipation when we are anxious about a medical report.  We live in that anticipation every single day.

It's the season of anticipation.  May it be a precious time as we celebrate God's answer to our anticipation!  Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment