Tuesday, December 12, 2017

29 Days - Advent Reflections: Day 9

I've been so busy that I didn't even notice that a holiday tradition already came and went.  For me, that tradition is watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas".  This year, the Christmas classic was already on the air on Thursday, November 30.  How did I miss that one?  But, if you missed that showing (like I did) and you don't have the cd (like I do), then you can stream this show on Amazon Video anytime you want.

I'm not really that concerned about missing the yearly special that has been on tv since I was in the 6th grade (c'mon you math geniuses, figure it out - it was 1965).  The reason I'm not concerned is that I can watch it anytime I want to with my interactive app on my iPad, with some special features.  You can listen to the story page by page.  You can throw snowballs and snap Linus' towel at cans on the fence.  You can decorate the Christmas tree and make all of the players dance, skate, and move.  Nice entertainment for a reasonable price.  

What's really fun about all the fuss I make over the story of Charlie Brown Christmas story is the essence of the story itself.  The theme of the story "what is Christmas all about?" is exactly that - the story of the birth of Jesus and why he came to us.  I love the reminder every year.  I understand the Worthington High School youth is presenting the play at the Memorial Auditorium later this week.  I'm guessing it is worth the time.

Good grief, how could it not be?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment