Friday, March 18, 2016

The First Rock from The Son

The seconds - the minutes - the days are all as full as they can be.  Isn't that true?  Have you ever had a moment when you realized that you cannot have one more thing piled on top of everything else you are doing?  I know that I have.  More than likely, all of us have had a moment like that.  

Andy Stanley hits home with this point in his second installment of time and what happens when the time we use is at a capacity, when we simply cannot find the time for anything else.  His basic premise is that "priority determines capacity".  You can watch that video by clicking on the video image below.  But don't go there yet!  Finish this first, then go there because I'm certain that after hearing what Andy has to say, you won't even think to come back to this article to read my final thoughts.  

I'm trying to suggest Andy's premise - priority determines capacity.  What is really most important to you?  Who is really most important to you?  I love his message and I don't want you to miss it.  But finish my few meager thoughts and then go ahead and enjoy his discussion on prioritizing time.  The video is about 33 minutes, give or take.

I certainly agree with his premise, especially when he begins to talk about putting God first.  God is the first rock we need to place in our life.  Everything else surrounds that rock.  Everything else will blend in around that rock.  All too often we allow other things to go first.  Our agendas.  Our families.  Our jobs.  Our cars.  Our sports teams.  They get top billing while God is there, but down the line in importance.  This is important - we need to place God first in our lives.   First.  Not second or a distant third, or even further down the line.  First.

Matthew 6:33 says is best - "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."  Everything folds in around placing God first.

I understand that we live in a busy world with important things to do.  But if we elect to place God in any other place but first, it's just going to be a rockier road than it needs to be.  Okay - I've said what I wanted to say in the time I've set aside to do this... watch Andy and learn from him.  He's a terrific speaker.


No comments:

Post a Comment