Sunday, December 10, 2017

29 Days - Advent Reflections: Day 6

I missed an entire week of trying to maintain consistent blogging.  I could point to my schedule - crazy week with my clinical pastoral education class project due, our Blue Christmas service on Sunday night, practice for the Chamber Singers concert later today.  Those things plus the "normal" things of ministry kept me pretty busy.  But I really think it was the cold that settled into my head.  I just don't do sick very well.  I admit it.  It's a throw down.  TKO.  

This is going to be a bit short, because I'm jotting this down before church services.  Today is going to be a cool day.  The kids at First UMC are doing their Christmas program during worship, so I won't be preaching there (come to Emmanuel in order to hear the message!).  After that, the Sunday School is hosting a potluck in the fellowship hall.  Then the Worthington Chamber Singers are presenting their Christmas concert at 2:00 p.m..  I've been very blessed to be a part of this group for the past two years.  This year's concert is "Journey to a Distant Land" where we will be lifting up a number of really nice seasonal songs.  What's really impressed me is the number of singers and their vocations - we have a lot of teachers and music teachers who have joined us.  If you are looking for a way to really get into the Christmas spirit, this is one can't miss event!

A quick shout out to the high school's presentation of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" next weekend at the Memorial Auditorium - one of my all time favorites.  

So, this just gets us back on track - more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment