Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Time's Fun When You're Having Flies

On Saturday, August 24th, 2019, Nancy and I will be celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary.  I know, right?  45 years with me... she deserves a medal!  I actually am amazed that these years have accumulated so quickly - it seems to have happened overnight and here we are.  

I have heard others talk about how time gets away from them.  People who say those things aren't kidding.  Those words have a large degree of truth to them.  Time flies when you are having fun (a fellow co-worker Dwight Kessler once told me that the frogs say it differently: "Time's fun when you're having flies" - nice, Dwight!)  

I would invite any of you not to squander any moment of your life, but live the fullness of life each day because it is so fleeting.  

Easier said than done because time has its own measure.  It depends upon your activities.  Sometimes time does fly by when things are going good.  Other moments drag on endlessly, so much so that even the tick.... tock.... tick.... of the clock on the wall seems to slog its way toward the top of the hour.  Some moments speak to time standing still (something I'd like to see happen in the aging process).  Still other moments require patience in waiting for a desired result - the third time's a charm.  We can try to make up for lost time, arrive in the nick of time, or believe that there is no time like the present.  We can't turn back the hands of time, but we can be in crunch time.  Time has so many faces to it.  

Here's all I want to say about time today... these past 45 years - time spent with the love of my life - have been filled with time honored moments.  After being married for five years we experienced the birth of our three children over the span of four years time.  Being with them as parents, watching them grow up has been timeless.  Now, they have families of their own - its their time to watch their own children in those precious times.  As for Nancy and I, we try to balance our time together.  We both spend a lot of time in what we enjoy doing - which is spending time at work, helping others a time or two along the way.  With assurance, I can say that the past 45 years has been the time of my life!  Time waits for no one, but i'm glad I took the time to tell you how important these times have been for me. 

Perhaps now is a good time for you to take a closer look at time - before time runs out...  


No comments:

Post a Comment