Sunday, January 10, 2016

Proverbs: Day 10 - Finally - It's Game Day! - [Chapter 10]

Sometime later today (Sunday, January 10th) the Seattle Seahawks and the Minnesota Vikings will square off at TCF Bank Field for the chance to move closer to a Super Bowl appearance.  Fans have been waiting for this game for one long, cold week.  It will be an interesting game.  Finally, it's game day.

It might be a leap, but that's almost the way I felt when I began to read Proverbs 10.  Finally we get to hear the wisdom that Solomon has been talking about.  Here is the practical advice that Solomon was alluding to.  They are called the Proverbs of Solomon.  It's game day to hear the wisdom of Solomon.

As I read through the list, it's striking to me how the proverbs just speak of common sense.  They are not anything that is out of the ordinary or actions that are outrageous,  Just common sense stuff.  Righteousness is mentioned quite a bit.  Hard work versus laziness. Living right - making good choices - staying away from negative behaviors.    

There are so many to like.  I've chosen verse 30... "The righteous will never be uprooted, but the wicked will not remain in the land."  I like the idea of being rooted.  When the storms of life come, being rooted allows one to hold steadfast.  I know I need that kind of rooted-ness.

Wisdom.  I need it.

1 comment:

  1. I have taken up Daren's challenge to read Proverbs with him this month and to read his daily blogs. I have enjoyed it immensely. It is a great way to enjoy the bible on a daily basis. Thank you Dr. D.

    ReplyDelete