Wednesday, March 4, 2020

40 Days of Embracing Uncertainty - Day 8 (for Thursday, March 5)

This is the time of year when life gets really crazy.  There are so many things that are going on right now that I feel like I'm juggling cats (oh no, there it is again!).  Here's a quick list: Lenten services for the three churches once a week, community Lenten service coming up next week, regular worship at two locations on Sunday, confirmation class at Adrian every other week, chancel choir (both churches) and bell choir practice, symphony orchestra practice starts for the spring concert in May, leading the local ministerial association meetings (my last year as president), preparing and uploading audio and video content for First and Adrian, leading worship at the local care centers once every six weeks, attending district meetings to learn more about upcoming General Conference issues, delivering Meals by Wheels for ten days in March, working on our new church app in my spare time (do I have any?) and visiting those who are ill or home bound.  Add in blogging during the time of Lent and I realize that I have a lot of stuff going on right now.  Oh, and I forgot this little gem: trying to lose weight in the midst of all of this busyness.  Yes, life is getting a bit crazy.

I'm not sharing this list so that others will feel sorry for me.  I'm certain that every one of us has our hectic moments when life just seems to be zipping by and we're just trying to keep it all together.  So, no, please don't feel bad for me - this is actually an amazing time to be where I am.  I am honored to be able to do what I am doing at this stage of my life.  

But it's good to hear the words of instruction from Jesus during these wild and crazy days.  Keep it light.  Watch the excess baggage you might want to carry along.  You will be more effective in fulfilling the mission God has set before you as long as you can keep your life simple and without things that will weigh you down.  This is really good and timely advice.  

I am glad for Day 8 and the devotion that helps me keep my perspective.  

Okay, so it's 6:07 a.m. and I need to run - have breakfast with the Men's Group at the Blue Line, need to work on Saturday's Lenten message and Sunday's sermon, set up to deliver route 2 on Meals by Wheels at 10:45 am, then meeting with the ministerial leadership at noon, then on to Luverne to visit with a person who is in a care center, while on the way back will stop at Adrian for confirmation class, followed by bell choir practice at 5:30 pm, Emmanuel chancel choir practice at 6:15 pm and First chancel choir practice after that.  I hope I can travel light!

Hope you have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. You will lose weight if you keep that up! Love your blogs. — and you & Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elaine! I'll keep working at it...

    ReplyDelete